Upon your arrival, please say hello to our receptionists, Sharon, Julie or Dona. They will assist you with getting checked in and will notify our Treatment Coordinator, Mary Ellen that you have arrived. Mary Ellen will escort you or your child to our consultation room for your first visit with Dr. Salmon, Dr. Triftshauser, or Dr. deSa.
On your first visit, our objective is to be able to look at the long-term needs for you or your child. At this visit, one of three outcomes will be determined:
- Treatment is needed now.
- Treatment is not needed at all.
- Treatment will be needed, but the timing is such that it should be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors are monitored and reconciled.
For your first visit, please take time to complete the patient information form, which is available on this web site or in the packet sent to you. By completing this form prior to your arrival, we can begin your first visit without delay. Also be aware of your insurance coverage, if you have coverage. If you do have orthodontic coverage, please bring the needed paperwork so that we may assist you in getting your orthodontic benefits. Please contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Do I have orthodontic coverage?
- What are my benefits?
- Is a pre-treatment estimate required?
- Does the insurance company pay automatically?
If you have any questions, our Financial Coordinator, Lisa, will be pleased to help you.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes 1 to 2 hours. Youíll then see us at regular intervals 4 to 10 weeks apart for an adjustment, which takes 20 to 40 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately.
Payment & Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patientís problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have several payment plans to suit different budgets. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for all our patients.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount of 5% if paying by cash or check and a 2% discount if paying by credit card. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- Discounts for multiple family members.
- To fit your individual needs, we offer no interest payment plans over a period of months.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.
Convenient Online Services
We know how busy you are. Thatís why weíre committed to providing you superior, leading-edge service. With our secure online service you will be able to:
- View your appointment and account information any time;
- Sign up for email or text appointment reminders;
- Check your payment history and see current charges;
- Print out flex spending reimbursement and tax receipts.